A list of our most Frequently Asked Questions
Over the years we’ve compiled a list of the questions we get asked when our customers are buying or choosing from our range of floor covering products.
We hope they help you when beginning your journey with us.
What’s the difference between broadloom metre and square metre?
A square metre is 1000mmx1000m. A broadloom metre is the complete width of the carpet/vinyl, normally 3600mm wide by 1 metre.
What’s the difference between Vinyl planks and Floating floor?
- Is a manufactured wood product of 3 layers – a wear resistant protective layer, a decorative layer (this is the timber feature) and a High Density Fibreboard (HDF) base. Laminate is laid by ‘clicking’ the boards together, also known as a floating floor.
- Not recommended for wet areas. Dry mopping recommended. Will and can warp if exposed to excess water.
- Can be noisy underfoot.
- Flexible, durable and water resistant. Can be used in wet areas.
- Recreates a true timber look in many styles, colours and textures.
- Commercial grade options provide the best wear layer and durability.
- Quiet underfoot.
- A great option if you have pets inside as they won’t slip on vinyl.
Do I need new underlay when choosing new carpet ?
It is recommended that you change your underlay when you replace your carpet. Underlay wears as the carpet wears, leaving it with the wear patterns of the old carpet. It is important to note that a manufacturer may void a carpets warranty if laid on old underlay.
What about my furniture – Will you move it for me when laying my new carpet?
We can move your furniture at a minimal cost for your convenience. We prefer you move your personal and electrical items though.
What do I do with the old floor coverings?
We can do all the removal for your convenience. This can be discussed during the visit to your home.
Conveniently located on Dalrymple Road, in Garbutt, our showroom has a huge display of carpets, vinyls and timber flooring.
We even have a great range of remnants and end-of -rolls priced to suit all budgets and flooring needs.
Call us first before you start your research as we can save you time and money.
Call us on (07) 4775 2522 for a free quote of call into our showroom at Shop 2/249 Dalrymple Service Road Garbutt Qld 4814